We are all exposed to toxins on a daily basis. The effect of toxins on our health will depend on how well our bodies can detoxify (get rid of toxins) and on the level of exposure to toxins. Toxins come in two broad categories, environmental (external) and endogenous (made in your body).
Environmental toxins include:
- metals, chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides,
- building materials,
- household cleaners, radiation from TV’s, computers
- bacterial and microbial toxins that are present in the air, water and food that we consume.
- drugs, alcohol and cigarettes
Endogenous toxins include:
- hormones and other chemicals that are produced in the body
- chemicals produced by bugs in your digestive system
- free radicals
- stress overload
SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS OF TOXIC OVERLOAD
Any disease can be made worse by toxicity, however some of the most common signs include:
- Recurrent headaches
- Muscle aching and weakness
- Nerve pain or numbness
- Recurrent infections
- Poor short-term memory and concentration
- Adverse reactions / sensitivity to environmental chemicals, odours and/or nutritional supplements
- Chronic fatigue and lethargy
- Depression, anxiety and/or mood swings
There are two factors which influence the toxic exposure of your body, and its impact on your health. The first is the amount and type of toxin that you are exposed to; the second is the resources your body has to deal with it, or how well you “detoxify”. That is why two people with similar toxic exposure can respond very differently, with one having no noticeable effects and the other developing chronic illness. The first person has a better capacity to detoxify.
Here at Optimal Health & Vitality Centre Ltd, I offer a variety of detoxification programs depending on individual requirements and goals. My naturopathic skills and knowledge allows me to advise you as to which of the following programs best suits your needs:
- Comprehensive gut repair
- Elimination type diet
- Systemic Detoxification – kidneys, liver, gut, and the lymph system
- Liver regeneration program
- Candida type program
- Blood-type diet
Always when I visit Karen’s clinic, I experience a level of trust and integrity of the highest professional standard. I have been attending the Optimal Health & Vitality Centre for over 12 years. My health was in a state that most would not comprehend. I was in a state of just existing and that was all. From the first to the most recent consultation I have been on this amazing health journey with Karen’s support. I have no hesitation in recommending Karen to any potential clients.
Glenn Bailey, Napier