Many years ago I suffered a spinal injury which left me incapacitated for several months. That was the beginning of my health journey. For several years I lived daily with chronic pain. This was a challenging stage in my life; not only dealing with the pain but the frustration and restriction this placed on my everyday life. I can remember thinking, “will I ever feel normal and pain free again?” I longed to have the energy and vitality to go and do the fun things in life. Living in pain is exhausting and at times self- limiting but I eventually sought help in the alternative medicine field. Though it was a slow process, it did lead to a very successful recovery. This experience inspired me to embark upon a new career in natural medicine. So I do sincerely understand what many of you are experiencing at this moment. Now it is my turn to help you on your path to recovery too.
I have always loved working with people in a healing capacity. My success stems from my absolute passion and unique intuitiveness, in understanding your health challenges and the knowledge I have in natural medicine. I will provide you with the empathy and moral support, focusing on the emotional as well as the physical aspect of your health imbalances.
My special focus is in treating Stress, Anxiety, Fatigue, and Gastrointestinal problems (IBS, Crohns, heartburn and liver dysfunction). Also, a large portion of my practice is devoted to pain related conditions,such as systemic pain disorders eg. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Modalities, like the Bowen and Emmett techniques, allow me to address many muscular-skeletal problems such as back pain, neck, shoulder, hip and knee restrictions.
Always eager to learn more, I continue to keep myself immersed in research. Both nationally and internationally, I attend seminars and workshops, learning new techniques to stay current in this ever so changing industry.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Comp Med) – Charles Sturt University Australia
- Diploma of Naturopathy – Naturopathic College of NZ
- Diploma of Bowen Therapy – The Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia
- Diploma of Holistic Iridology USA – International Institute of Iridology USA
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Iridology UK – The U. K .College of Iris Analysis England (hons)
- Master Sclerologist – The Institute of Applied Iridology & Sclerology USA
- Diploma in Holistic Massage – Auckland College of Therapeutic Massage (hons)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Emmett Therapies (Full Practitioner Level) – Emmett Therapies, Australia
- Natural Health Practitioners of NZ
- NZ Natural Health Council
- Naturopaths & Medical Herbalists of New Zealand (Inc)
Peace of mind, reassurance and confidence and the knowledge Karen provides with every consultation, When I first visited Karen, I had no energy, I felt sluggish, craved sugars and had aches and pains throughout the body. I also had poor immunity always getting infections. Now I have a lot more energy, vitality, and I am active in the gym. I feel great and look great. My skin too feels so healthy. Over the years I have recommended others to Karen and I will continue to do so in the future.
Sharon Walsh, Hastings